Employee Recognition Program
Gilroy Unified School District Employee Recognition Program is pleased to recognize the valuable contributions of District employees to its students, schools and community.
Employees from each of the District’s three bargaining units (GTA, CSEA, GFP) and a management staff member will be recognized.
The vision and goal of the program, developed by Superintendent Flores and the Board of Trustees, is to recognize the valuable contributions to the District’s students, schools and community by staff members. Unlike traditional programs, GUSD’s program allows any staff member, regardless of position and bargaining unit, to nominate another staff member for their contributions and hard work.
- Nomination Submission Deadline – TBD
- Award Notification – TBD
- Board Meeting Recognition – TBD
- All regular full-time and part-time employees are eligible for nomination.
- Nominated employees shall be in good standing.
- Recognition recipients will be eligible to be conferred with the honor again after five years.
- All employees may nominate another employee for recognition.
- Nomination submissions are available through an online fillable form located on this informational page.
Members of the committee will review the nominations and submit the finalist to the Cabinet for final selection.
The committee is comprised of the following:
- A member from the District Office
- A principal or assistant principal
- Three school site staff members (at least one certificated and one classified)
Recipients will be invited to a Board meeting where they will be recognized and presented with their recognition award. Family, friends and colleagues are invited and encouraged to attend the special recognition.