GUSD TRANSITIONS TO E-FLIER DISTRIBUTION
Effective August 10, 2018, Gilroy Unified School District (GUSD) will transition to a new electronic format for distribution of fliers. The service will be provided by Peachjar, an electronic flier (e-flier) company that a number of school districts across the country currently utilize. The transition to e-fliers is part of PUSD's ongoing efforts to become a more sustainable School District. Approved fliers from school sites and community organizations will be distributed through email and posted on school websites.
Parents, your email address on file with Aeries Student Information System has been used to establish a Peachjar account for you, and you should have received an email from Peachjar with your log-in information. This is provided so that you can manage your account and flier delivery preferences. You do not need to log-in to receive or view e-fliers. If you did not provide your email address and would like to receive Peachjar e-fliers via email or text, please visit the Peachjar website to register to receive login information. Here is information on how to sign-up. Make sure to click on "Parents."
FLIER DISTRIBUTION PROCEDURES FOR COMMUNITY GROUPS AND OUTSIDE ORGANIZATIONS
Gilroy Unified School District (GUSD) cooperates with community groups and organizations that offer activities for youth in our community. GUSD distributes materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally responsible, we are in the process of transitioning from paper to electronic flier delivery. Fliers will be distributed through email and posted to a webpage. The following information provides instructions and protocols for using the Peachjar electronic flier system. Peachjar pricing information.
To request flier approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online.
- Ensure that your flier meets the GUSD Flier Approval Requirements
- Go to www.peachjar.com
- Register with Peachjar as an Enrichment Provider (account type)
- Select desired schools
- Upload your flyer to Peachjar for approval (Fliers must include an English and Spanish version).
Your flier will automatically be submitted to the District for approval. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described below. Please allow up to one week for the district office to approve or deny your flier for weekly distribution.
Organizations are subject to Peachjar’s $25 service fee when a flier is posted to promote an activity or event with a participation fee. Peachjar's service fee also applies to activities that are held without charge, but may entice participants to join a fee-based program, or purchase products or services (e.g. a soccer league that offers free clinics).
Peachjar’s service fee will be waived in Pittsburg Unified School District when a local community organization is promoting a free event that does not entice participants to join a fee-based program, or purchase products or services.
The District realizes the switch to Peachjar may be difficult for some community organizations. For organizations that do not want to participate with Peachjar, the District will allow organizations to print a small stack of fliers and drop them off at school offices. However, the fliers must be submitted to the District Office for approval. For more information, please contact Ryan Kelly at email@example.com or (669) 205-4026.
All requests for flyer distribution by outside community organizations must first be approved by the District Office. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service. Please visit www.peachjar.com for more information.
Requirements for all e-flyers from outside organizations:
- Please allow one week for processing e-flier requests;
- Facility fees through Peachjar must be paid before e-flier is submitted to GUSD;
- Flier must be submitted in both English and Spanish (two fliers on one pdf);
- Flier PDF must be smaller than 6MB and in portrait format;
- Flier font sizes must not be less than size 12;
- Organization agrees to let Peachjar place the following disclaimer on your flyer (exact wording): Approval for distribution of these materials does not imply endorsement by the Gilroy Unified School District.;
- Program must support GUSD's mission which extends the community’s cultural, recreational, artistic or educational opportunities and which do not promote any particular commercial religious or political interest;
- Program/activity must directly benefit GUSD students or be of intrinsic value to students and/or parents;
- Program/activity should not conflict with GUSD programs.
- Organization must have approval from the Facilities Department (if using GUSD facilities) prior to posting the flyer on Peachjar.
- Business advertisements of any kind are prohibited;
- Drawings and photographs must be in good taste; no gang symbols or partial nudity;
- Materials advertising alcohol or tobacco sales, gambling, or have sexual innuendo will not be approved;
- Content cannot promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure;
- Content cannot position the school district on any side of a controversial issue;
- Flyer cannot discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or other unlawful consideration;
- Flier must include: Contact Name and Phone Number, Date, Location, Cost of Event, and Disclaimer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tips for designing flyers
- Peachjar pricing information
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCHOOLS
Individual schools may post e-flyers for their site that promote information and events related to:
- Parent-Teacher Associations (PTAs)
- Booster Clubs
School sites may not post fliers from outside organizations prior to District approval. Each school site has its own Peachjar administrator who uploads these fliers. Please contact your school office if your flier falls under one of the categories above. Tips for designing fliers.
Antonio Del Buono Elementary School
El Roble Elementary School
Eliot Elementary School
Glen View Elementary School
Las Animas Elementary School
Luigi Aprea Elementary School
Rod Kelley Elementary School
Rucker Elementary School
Ascencion Solorsano Middle School
Brownell Middle School
South Valley Middle School
Christopher High School
Dr. TJ Owens Early College Academy (GECA)
Gilroy High School
Mt. Madonna Continuation High School