Main Menu



Translate Page

Interdistrict Transfers

What is an interdistrict transfer?

Interdistrict transfers are for:

  • Students who reside outside of the GUSD boundaries and request to transfer into a GUSD school; or 
  • Students who live in Gilroy and request to transfer to a school outside of GUSD . 

PLEASE NOTE: Requests for incoming transfers for students who are NEW to GUSD (not renewals or current students) and who are not based on the Allen Bill/employment are no longer being accepted for 2019-2020

GUSD wishes to provide enrollment options that meet the diverse needs and interests of students and parents/guardians. The district will attempt to accommodate all requests for school transfers based on program and classroom space availability, and in accordance with law, board policy and administrative regulation.


Requests are not considered complete until ALL required documentation has been received. 

You must include pay stubs, child-care verification letters, IEPs or other documentation WITH your request to avoid any delays in processing.