The District Office is closed until further notice. We are not accepting applications in person or via fax. Send completed request packets via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests for 2020-21
Interdistrict transfer requests for 2020-21 will begin to be accepted:
JAN. 6, 2020 — For transfers out of GUSD
- Final decisions to begin in mid- to late January.
- Check with your requested district for deadlines.
FEB. 3, 2020 — For transfers into GUSD
- Final decisions may not be made until later in the spring.
- Final decisions will not be issued for all TK and kindergarten students until the second week of school (in August 2020).
Expect and plan for two weeks or more of processing time for COMPLETE packets.
What is an interdistrict transfer?
Interdistrict transfers are for:
- Students who reside outside of the GUSD boundaries and request to transfer into a GUSD school; or
- Students who live in Gilroy and request to transfer to a school outside of GUSD .
Do you live in Gilroy and want to transfer from one GUSD school to another? You need to request an intradistrict transfer, not an interdistrict transfer.
GUSD wishes to provide enrollment options that meet the diverse needs and interests of students and parents/guardians. The district will attempt to accommodate all requests for school transfers based on program and classroom space availability, and in accordance with law, board policy and administrative regulation.
Requests are not considered complete until ALL required documentation has been received.
You must include pay stubs, child-care verification letters, IEPs or other documentation WITH your request to avoid any delays in processing.