Skip To Main Content

Our Schools

Williams Complaint Procedures

The Gilroy Unified School District and the Board of Trustees believes that the quality of the educational program can improve when the district listens to complaints, considers differences of opinion, and resolves disagreements through an established, objective process.

The Board encourages complainants to resolve problems early and informally whenever possible. Issues/complains about a school or school personnel should start by contacting an Administrator at the school. If a problem remains unresolved, the individual should submit a formal complaint via a Universal Complaint Form, as early as possible.

Individual Board members do not have authority to resolve complaints. If approached directly with a complaint, however, Board members should listen to the complaint and show their concern by referring the complainant to the Superintendent or designee so that the problem may receive proper consideration.

A Williams Complaint allows a student, family, teacher, or any member of the public, to file grievances regarding K-12 schools for:

  • Insufficient textbooks and instructional materials;
  • Teacher vacancy or misassignment; and
  • Facility conditions.

Board Policy XXXX

Administrative Regulation XXXX