Skip To Main Content

Our Schools

Interdistrict Transfers

Requests are not accepted in person or via fax. Submit requests only using this form.  
Questions? Email

What is an interdistrict transfer?

Interdistrict transfers are for:

  • Students who reside outside of the GUSD boundaries and request to transfer into a GUSD school.
  • Students who live in Gilroy and request to transfer to a school outside of GUSD.

Do you live in Gilroy and want to transfer from one GUSD school to another? You need to request an intradistrict transfer, not an interdistrict transfer. 

For transfers out of GUSD

All request forms must be turned through the web-based submission page. Requests will not be accepted via fax or in person. This form is ONLY for residents who live within GUSD boundaries and are seeking to transfer to another district.

For 2024-25: Requests will be accepted starting Jan. 3, 2024. Final decisions will be made starting Jan. 15, 2024. Do not submit requests for 2024-25 until Jan. 3 or later.

For transfers into GUSD

This process starts with your district of residence, not GUSD. Submit your request with the district where you live. 

For 2024-25: Final decisions may not be made until starting in late spring and extending to as late as early August. 

You are responsible for submitting renewal requests EACH SCHOOL YEAR to your district of residence AND for including the required documentation. Do not wait until after your transfer expires on June 7, 2024 to submit your requests.

If you have any questions, email

More information

GUSD wishes to provide enrollment options that meet the diverse needs and interests of students and parents/guardians. The district will attempt to accommodate all requests for school transfers based on program and classroom space availability, and in accordance with law, board policy and administrative regulation.