The minimum requirements for substitute teaching in Gilroy Unified School District are:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Complete certificated application with references listed
- Current Resume
- Provide current results of TB skin test
- Ability to obtain fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice (DOJ)
- If you meet these requirements, you may apply for an Emergency 30-Day Substitute Permit. The substitute permit is valid for a period of one year. The Emergency 30-Day Substitute Permit is obtained from the Santa Clara County Office of Education.
- This is a reference guide only. Procedures and requirements are subject to change. Please contact the Human Resources Department at (669) 205-4013 with any questions.