Skip To Main Content

Our Schools

Substitute Teacher

The minimum requirements for substitute teaching in Gilroy Unified School District are:

  1. Bachelor's Degree
  2. Complete certificated application with references listed
  3. Current Resume
  4. Provide current results of TB skin test
  5. Ability to obtain fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice (DOJ)
  • If you meet these requirements, you may apply for an Emergency 30-Day Substitute Permit.  The substitute permit is valid for a period of one year.  The Emergency 30-Day Substitute Permit is obtained from the Santa Clara County Office of Education.
  • This is a reference guide only.  Procedures and requirements are subject to change.  Please contact the Human Resources Department at (669) 205-4013 with any questions.


Frances Gonzales
(669) 205-4013

Help Desk Phone Number  
(669) 205-4013

FrontLine Absence and Subsitute Management
(800) 942-3767