Migrant Education Mission Statement: The mission of the Migrant Education Program Region 1 is to ensure that all migrant students experience a high-quality education and improved way of life.
The program accomplishes its mission by:
- Support high-quality and comprehensive educational programs for migrant children in order to reduce the educational disruption and other problems that result from repeated moves;
- Ensuring that migrant children who move among the States are not penalized in any manner by disparities among the States in curriculum, graduation requirements, and State academic content and student academic achievement standards;
- Ensuring that migrant children are provided with appropriate educational services (including supportive services) that address their special needs in a coordinated and efficient manner;
- Ensuring that migrant children receive full and appropriate opportunities to meet the same challenging State academic content and student academic achievement standards that all children are expected to meet;
- Designing programs to help migrant children overcome educational disruption, cultural and language barriers, social isolation, various health-related problems, and other factors that inhibit their ability to do well in school, and to prepare them to make a successful transition to post-secondary education or employment; and
- Ensuring that the program meet state and federal compliance by monitoring program effectiveness and appropriate use of migrant funds.
- More about the GUSD Migrant Education Program
- Migrant Education Program Offerings
- Recruitment and Eligibility
- What is a migratory agricultural worker?
- How does a recruiter determine whether a worker moved with the intent to seek or obtain qualifying work?
More about the GUSD Migrant Education Program
Migrant Education Program Offerings
Recruitment and Eligibility
What is a migratory agricultural worker?
How does a recruiter determine whether a worker moved with the intent to seek or obtain qualifying work?
Specialized Programs Administrator
Senior Staff Secretary
To inquire about eligibility, please contact: