Students use technology in school every day, and we want to empower our students to think critically, behave safely, and participate responsibly in our digital world. We have digital citizenship lessons for every grade level K-12 that teachers use from Common Sense Media.
Google Apps for Education
GUSD uses Google Apps for Education, a crucial aspect of learning during the day. Many teachers have students using Google Apps to research, write, create presentations, use spreadsheets and more.
FAQs for parents/guardians
- How is the GUSD Google account different from a Gmail account?
- Will my child's privacy be at risk?
- How do students and staff access GUSD’s Google Apps domain?
- Can I email my child at their GUSD Google account email address?
- Can I review my child’s Google documents?
- Are there consequences if my child misuses his or her Google account?
- Will my child be able to use their GUSD Google account outside of school?
- I do not have the internet at home. What resources are available to my student?
- What if my child already has a personal Gmail account. Can they use this account instead of the GUSD Gmail account?
- How do I opt my student out of this service?