WELCOME TO THE GUSD PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
WHERE BRIGHT FUTURES BEGIN!
GUSD offers a state preschool program. Families must qualify based on their income. Priority for enrollment of eligible students is based on the following:
- Must be a Gilroy resident
- Age eligible children who are neglected or abused children who are recipients of child protective services, or who are at risk of being neglected, abused, or exploited upon written referral from a legal, medical, or social service agency.
- Children who turn four (4) years old on or before December 1, 2022 in income eligibility order using the California Department Education (CDE) income ranking chart.
- Children who turn three (3) years old on or before December 1, 2022
- Children, who turn 3 on or after December 2 may apply AFTER their 3rd birthday and may enroll depending on space availability.
Our preschool mission is to provide an early education program that fosters each child's social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth to enable them to become independent, confident, and successful learners.
The program incorporates a wide variety of experiences and teaching strategies to accommodate the needs of all of our students. We offer a comprehensive curriculum that targets kindergarten readiness and is aligned to the California Preschool Learning Foundations. Assessments are focused on individualized goals that are developmentally appropriate.
Each child's home culture and language are supported and valued in the classroom. Monthly parent education classes are provided to our families based on their needs and requests.
- Swanston Lane (near South Valley Middle School)
- On the campus of Rod Kelley Elementary
- Ninth Street (near Glen View Elementary)