Bids & Purchasing
GILROY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NOTICE
TO CONTRACTORS QUALIFIED BIDDERS FOR THE YEAR 2019
GILROY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT invites licensed contractors to submit the name of their firm for inclusion on the Gilroy Unified School District list of qualified bidders for the year 2019. This list will be used to procure service, on an informal bid basis, valued at less than $175,000. Registration forms are available at the links on this page.
Contractors must provide the name and address to which a Notice to Contractors or proposals should be mailed, a phone number at which the contractor may be reached, their business fax number, the type of work in which the contractor is interested and currently licensed to perform (earthwork, pipelines, electrical, painting, general building, etc.) together with the class of contractor’s license(s) held and contractor license number(s), DIR registration number, proof of general liability insurance and maximum project bonding capacity.
Contractor should submit request to be included on the list to:
Gilroy Unified School District
7810 Arroyo Circle
Gilroy, CA 95020
The Gilroy Unified School District (“District”) has determined that contractors on future projects (“Contractor(s)” or “Firm(s)”) must be prequalified prior to submitting a bid or proposal on a project. This form must be completed by:
- A Contractor with an A, B, C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, and/or C-46 license(s) that intends to bid as a general contractor (prime contractor) directly to the District.
- A Contractor with a C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, and/or C-46 license(s) that intends to bid as a first-tier subcontractor to a general contractor (prime contractor) that is bidding directly to the District.
- A potential Contractor as the designer/builder that intends to propose to the District on an “energy contract” pursuant to Government Code section 4217.10, et seq.
- A potential Contractor that intends to propose to the District on a “lease-leaseback contract” pursuant to Education Code section 17406.
Form Submission: Contractors must complete this District form; no other prequalification documents submitted by a Contractor will meet the District’s requirements. All Contractors shall submit completed questionnaires and financial statements as follows:
Gilroy Unified School District
Continuous: First-tier subcontractors and general (prime) contractors
Continuous: [Energy contractors]
Contractor List: The District will provide a list of prequalified general contractors and electrical, mechanical, and plumbing subcontractors to all prequalified Contractors at least five (5) business days prior to the date for submission of any response to a District bid or other solicitation covered by this prequalification.
References: The District reserves the right to contact any representative at Contractor’s previous projects to gather information about the Contractor and/or to base the District’s prequalification determination on a scoring of Contractor’s references’ responses to questions.
Project Size: The District reserves the right to prequalify a Contractor up to a maximum project size based on ________________ percent (____ %) of the Contractor’s largest previous project within the past five (5) years.
Updates: Contractors who are prequalified must update their prequalification questionnaire if or when Contractor’s status or information changes. The District reserves the right to adjust, suspend, or rescind the prequalification rating of any Contractor based on subsequently learned information.
Nonresponsiveness: A Contractor’s prequalification questionnaire shall be deemed nonresponsive if, without limitation, the Contractor’s prequalification questionnaire is not returned on time, does not provide all requested information, is not signed under penalty of perjury by an individual who has the authority to bind the Contractor, is not updated as required or is misleading or inaccurate in any material manner (e.g., financial resources are overstated; previous violations of law are not accurately reported).
Rejection/Waiver/Request: The District reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any or all prequalification questionnaires, to waive irregularities in any prequalification questionnaire or to request further information or documentation from any Contractor.
Public Records: Although the names of Contractors seeking prequalification may be public information, pursuant to, without limitation, Public Contract Code sections 20111.5(a) and 20111.6 (b), each Contractor’s questionnaire and financial statements “shall not be public records and shall not be open to public inspection.
Appeal: A Contractor may appeal the District’s decision. If a Contractor decides to appeal the District’s prequalification decision, it must follow the following procedure:
- Contractor shall submit, in writing, within five (5) working days from District’s determination, a request for a written response from the District to explain the District’s determination.
- Within five (5) working days from receipt of the District’s written response to the Contractor’s request, Contractor may submit, in writing, a request for a meeting with the District’s staff. Contractor may submit with the request any and all information that it believes supports a finding that District’s determination should be changed.
- Within five (5) working days from receipt of the District’s written response to the Contractor’s submittal of information, Contractor may submit, in writing, a request for a meeting with the District’s Assistant Superintendent at which time Contractor may discuss information that it believes supports a finding that District’s determination should be changed.
- Within five (5) working days from receipt of the District’s written response to the Contractor’s request, Contractor may submit, in writing, a request that the District’s finding be submitted to the District’s Board of Education (“Board”), at which time the Contractor may address the Board pursuant to the Board’s procedures for public inquiry.
- FAILURE OF A CONTRACTOR TO TIMELY FOLLOW ALL APPEAL STEPS SHALL BE A WAIVER OF THE CONTRACTOR’S RIGHT TO APPEAL THE DISTRICT’S DECISION.