Bids & Purchasing
California Assembly Bill (AB) 1565 went into effect on January 1, 2014. AB 1565 requires ALL General Contractors and M/E/P Subcontractors be prequalified, if the project is valued at $1 million or more and funded whole or in part with State Facility Bond funds, per …
Public Contract Code 20111.5 enables districts to require prime contractors to be prequalified prior to accepting bids.
Public Contract Code 20111.6 requires the district to do so for certain projects. This applies to prime contractors and MEP sub-contractors with the following licenses:
- General Contractors (A and B), Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing subcontractors (C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, and C-46)
- The District must receive complete applications at least ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled bid opening on any advertised project in order for the candidate to qualify for a project in excess of $1,000,000 and partially funded by the State. Pre-qualification approval will remain valid for one (1) calendar year from the date of notice of qualification except as noted in the pre-qualification documents.
CUPCCA (informal bidding)
- Public projects of seventy-five thousand dollars ($75,000) or less may be performed by the employees of a public agency by force account, by negotiated contract, or by purchase order. (b) Public projects of two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000) If all bids received are in excess of two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000), (c) the governing body of the public agency may, by the adoption of a resolution by a four-fifths vote, award the contract, at two hundred twelve thousand five hundred dollars ($212,500) or less, to the lowest responsible bidder, if it determines the cost estimate of the public agency was reasonable.
- per Public Contract Code 22032 and Public Contract Code 22034
Gilroy Unified School District has contracted with Colbi Technologies to provide a web-based process for prequalification called Quality Bidders.
- For detailed instructions in completing your application, please navigate to the bottom of the page from this link Contractor Instructions
Contact Paul Nadeau, Director of Facilities Planning and Management with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (669) 205-7921. You may also contact email@example.com with any questions about the use of the Quality Bidders web-based tool.
Thank you for your interest in prequalifying and working with Gilroy Unified School District.