Back to School 2022-23
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year. This page provides important information about the upcoming school year, provides resources and can answer questions about our schools, programs, and community. On behalf of our staff members, welcome to GUSD. Big dreams start here!
The first day of school is Wednesday, August 17, 2022.*
- For all students
- Important: ParentSquare information
- For elementary school students (grades TK-5)
- For middle school students (grades 6, 7 and 8)
- For high school students (grades 9, 10, 11 and 12)
- COVID information
For all students
Important: ParentSquare information
For elementary school students (grades TK-5)
For middle school students (grades 6, 7 and 8)
For high school students (grades 9, 10, 11 and 12)
Register to Volunteer
Anyone who wishes to volunteer at GUSD schools must complete a simple volunteer certification process. Start the process.
Note: parents who wish to serve as a volunteer driver for GUSD must be certified as a volunteer and complete additional certification steps.
By law, children in California are required to receive certain immunizations in order to attend public and private elementary and secondary schools. Schools are required to enforce immunization requirements, maintain records of all children enrolled, and submit reports. Currently, there is no COVID-19 vaccination requirement for students. Learm more.
Prior to the start of the 2022-23 school year, is it highly recommended that children test for the COVID-19 virus two days before they return to school. More information on COVID-19 safety protocols.
Connect With Us
- Aug. 4: First day of school for GECA only.*
- Aug. 17: First day of school.
- Sept. 5: No school. Labor Day.
- Oct. 14: No school. Staff development.
- Nov. 11: No school. Veteran's Day.
- Nov. 21-25: No school. Thanksgiving break.
- Dec. 19-Jan. 2: No school. Winter break.
- Jan. 16: No school. Martin Luther King holiday.
- Jan. 20: No school. Staff development.
- Feb. 20-24: No school. February break.
- Apr. 3-7: No school. Spring break.
- May 26: Minimum day for all students.
- May 28: No school. Memorial Day.
- June 9: Last day of school.
Information about schedule changes for individual school sites will be communicated by the school.
Note: GECA has a different instructional calendar that other GUSD schools. View it here.